Ronald Kweku Dei Appiah, aka Bisa Kdei is a singer-songwriter and the new voice of highlife music in Ghana. He began his career as a rapper at the age of thirteen. Two years later, he was singing professionally once he realized he had the passion for it. He started off as a member of the group, BISA (Boys in Serious
Action); leaving after some time to embark on a solo career.
Bisa Kdei first made a name for himself making local movie soundtracks. However, it was his hit song “Azonto Ghost” that thrust him him into the limelight. Since then, he has released a number of hit songs including “Metanfo”, “Over”, “Madanfo”, “Love Letter”, “Give It to Baba”, “Saa”, “I Love You”, “Kutu”, “Odo Carpenter”, “Atomesu” and “Mansa”.
In addition to his singing and song-writing career, Bisa is a sound engineer and runs his own studio where he has produced collaborations with the likes of Sarkodie and Efya.
Bisa Kdei is the first Ghanaian musician and second African musician to be verified on Facebook.
- 2015 African Entertainment Awards USA – Best New Artist of the Year (Nominated)
- 2015 African Entertainment Awards Canada – Best Male International Act (Nominated)
- 2013 MTN 4syte Music Video Awards – Best Discovery Video (Nominated)
- 2013 MTN 4syte Music Video Awards – Best Highlife Video (Nominated)
- 2013 MTN 4syte Music Video Awards – Best Hiplife Video (Nominated)
- 2013 MTN 4syte Music Video Awards – Best Storyline Video (Nominated)
- 2013 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards – Best Hiplife Song (Nominated)
- 2012 Ghana Movie Awards – Best Movie Soundtrack